About Me

My photo
dallas, Texas
I'm a wife & a mother of 3 insanely happy children. I do nothing perfectly and enjoy the flaws of everything. I eat too much sugar, sing loudly and off-key occasionally, embarrass myself often, and laugh through it all. I blog my messy crazy life simply because..... it's cheaper than therapy!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My 52 weeks challenge

I came across this link party on the idea room. It's from a guest blogger photographer who has awesome ideas, Kristen Duke. She challenged people to take pictures of themselves! This has also been a challenge of mine as well. For 52 weeks in a row, (see my challenge here) I'm trying to get pictures of me with a loved one. Can you believe I have 3 years of family albums with only being in 2 pictures?!! It's down right pathetic! So I've challenged myself to hand over the camera and ASK someone to take a picture of me. It feels a little awkward but I'm going to be a DIVA after 52 weeks of this! I handed my 8 year old daughter the camera and told her to take pics of me and hubs. I love them! Not because I look good or skinny, cause I don't, but I love them because I have them & fun memories of taking them! I even blew them up and framed them over my bed (see them here). That, in itself, is a miracle. And every time I walk into my room- I feel loved. Pictures are an amazing blessing & I'm grateful I forced myself to BE in them. Hope you're up for the challenge- cause it will be worth it!
I'm linking to this fabulous site: Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. LOVE these! I am going to check out your 52 week challenge, but pics of my hubby and I are rare, too. I have a handful in our room and I love to look that them. I adore your middle shot here. THanks for joining in the fun!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about not being in the photo album. I am totally guilty of this. My kids wonder why daddy always takes them everywhere...forgetting I was the one behind the camera! Beautiful pics. I think you look great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers